Thursday, September 20, 2012


Fernando IX University

Bioelectricity: A Quantitative Approach

Roger Coke Barr

Nerves, the heart, and the brain are electrical. How do these things work? This course presents fundamental principles, described quantitatively.
Fernando IX University

Dear FIX, My name is Zack, and as the TA for this course, I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself before the course begins. My job in this course is primarily two-fold: to monitor the forum discussions and lend a helping hand when necessary, and to deal with (or forward on to Coursera) any technical issues that you might find. I'm a little nervous about this experience (I don't know about you, but I've never been the lone TA for >10000 students before!), but am tremendously excited! As Dr. Barr has said, Bioelectricity is an incredibly fascinating subject, and I'm honored to have the opportunity to help guide you through it. In order for us to design the course such that you get the most out of it, we need to learn a little more about you (and each one of your thousands of classmates). To that end, we have created a short survey, and we would really appreciate you spending a few minutes to take it if you have not already done so. The link for the survey is http://bit.ly/bioelectricity2012 I'm getting pretty pumped up for Monday, and I hope you are too! Zachary Abzug, Graduate Student Duke University and Teaching Assistant for Coursera/Duke Bioelectricity: A Quantitative Approach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.